1. Personal Particular
Name: Chen Shaoxiong
2. Current Position and Address
Position: Deputy Director of China Eucalypt Research Centre (CERC)
Dr Chen is working on Scientific Research, Management of Science & Technology, International cooperation in CERC and management of Eucalypt Technical Committee of Chinese Society of Forestry.
3. Research Interests
Oriented Cultivation Techniques of Fast-growing Forest of Eucalypts
Fertilizer and Fertilization Technique of Eucalypt
Silviculture Techniques of Eucalypt Large Diameter Timber Production
Silviculture Techniques of Eucalypt Bio-energy Plantations
Plantation Resources and Assess of Economic Evaluation
Dr Chen joined China Eucalypt Research Centre in 1989 after his graduation from Central South University of Forestry with a degree of MSc. He was appointed as the Manage of R&D Department of CERC and the Secretary-General of Eucalypt Technical Committee of Chinese Society of Forestry.
He had once been on a two-month in-service education to research on forest soil in the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation (DEEDI) Queensland, Australia in 1993.He also visited Australia as a visiting fellow many times during 1999 to 2008.
Dr Chen Shaoxiong's current research focuses mainly on Silviculture.
His current major projects in recent five years are: ‘Key Technical Research on Ecological Management and Upgrading Industries of Eucalypt’ and project titled ‘Demonstration on Eucalyptus pruning technology’, and project titled ‘Introduction of Eucalyptus hybrids and Standardized Fertilization Technology from Brazil’.
Dr. Chen holds a:
BSc, from Jiangxi Agricultural University
MSc, from Central South University of Forestry
PhD, from Central South University of Forestry and Technology
7. Publications in SCI Journals
1. Key Technical Research on Ecological Management and Upgrading Industries of Eucalypt.2011
2. Extension of Silvicultural Regimes of Fast-growing E.urophylla×E.grandis as Large Diameter Wood. 2010
3. Research on Long Effect and Safety Base Fertilizer. 2008
4. Techniques Transforming of Eucalypt Large Diameter Wood Production.2007
5. Introduction of Eucalypts for Bio-energy.2007
6. Techniques Transforming of Eucalypt Species Selection and Silviculture.2005
7. Demonstration on Efficient Production Techniques for the Production of Large Diameter Timber from Eucalypt.2005
8. Improving the Value Chain for Plantation-grown Eucalypt Sawn Wood in China, Vietnam and Australia: Genetics and Silviculture.2005
9. Introduction of Pot-breeding Techniques for Eucalypts.2003
1. Research and Demonstration on Improvement of Germplasm and Silviculture for Cold Tolerant Eucalypts won the second prize of Liang Xi Forestry Science and Technology Award in 2011 (Ranked 9th)
2. Integrated Technology of Eucalypt Large Diameter Wood Production won the second prize of Agriculture Technology Promotion Award, Guangdong Province in 2010 (Ranked 1st)
3. Technology of culture density control for E. urophylla×E. grandis as Large Diameter Wood, qualified achievement of Science & technology Bureau of Zhanjiang in 2009 (Ranked 1st)
4. Pot-breeding Techniques of Eucalypt, Qualified Achievement of Technology Division of the State Forestry Bureau in 2008 (Ranked 1st)
5. Introduction of Rare Species for Eucalyptus Project won the third prize of Guangdong Agricultural Technology Popularization award in 2007 (Ranked 3rd)
6. Introduction of Rare Species for Eucalyptus Project won the third prize of Science and technology award of Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province in 2007 (Ranked 3rd)
7. Selection and Silviculture Techniques of Eucalyptus Pulpwood Project won the second prize of Guangdong Science and Technology award in 2004
8. Got the new species certificates of Eucalyptus ‘Xin ’an No.1 and No.2’ from State Forestry Administration in 2004 (Ranked 4th)
9. Introduction of Testing Technique of wood Properties and Cold-tolerant Eucalyptus from South Africa Project won the second prize of Science and technology award of Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province in 2002
10. Optimum Cultivation Pattern of Eucalyptus Pulpwood Project won the third prize of National Science and Technology Progress award in 1999
1. Economic Analysis of Eucalypt Plantation with Different Initial Spacing, Forest Research, 2008, 21(1):1-6.
2. Selection of eucalypt species for solid wood production in southern China, Journal of Tropical Forest Science, 2010, 22.
3. Tree and stand growth for clonal E. urophylla x grandis across a range of initial stockings in southern China, New Forests, 2011, 41.
4. Past dark willows and flowers in bloom lies another village- Eucalyptus research and development when facing the financial crisis, associate editor, China Forestry Publishing, 2010