Source: Time: 2016-11-09
1. Personal Particular
Name: Luo Jiangzhong
2. Current Position and Address
3. Research Interests
Eucalypt genetics and breeding
Dr Luo is the current team leader of genetics and breeding in China Eucalypt Research Centre. And, A key breeding scientist of China Eucalypt Industrial Technology Innovation Strategic Alliance. The research directions include: eucalypt pulp wood and veneer wood genetic material testing and evaluating, hybrid breeding, clonal breeding. The main research projects he has been involved in include： Sino-Australian cooperative project “Development of germplasm and production systems for cold tolerant eucalypts for use in cool regions of southern China and Australia”, Selecting and Breeding of Eucalypt High yield and high quality new varieties, Sustainable eucalypt pulp breeding for China Eucalypt Breeding Alliance.
BSc, from Nanjing Forestry University
MSc, from Chinese Academy of Forestry
PhD, from Nanjing Forestry University
5. Representative Projects
- Selecting and Breeding of Eucalypt High Yield and High Quality Varieties;
- Introduction of Drought tolerant eucalypts and its breeding techniques;
- Extention and Demonstration of Cold Tolerant Eucalypt Species E. benthamii and E. dorrigoensis
- Introduction of Radiation Frost Room and Its Application Techniques on Cold Tolerant Eucalypt Breeding;
- Regional Test of Eucalypt New Varieties:Xin’an No1 and No2;
- Testing Guidelines of Eucalyptus New Varieties and Database Establishment of Known Varieties;
- Genetic Stability Study on Stress Resistant Mutation of Eucalypt Clones;
- Genetic Improvement of Eucalyptus Pellita;
1. ‘Development of Clod Tolerant Eucalypt Germplasm and Production System’ won the 2nd prize of Liang-xi forestry science and technology award in 2011 (Ranked 2nd )
2. ‘Introduction of Rare and high value eucalypt Species’ won the third prize of Guangdong Agricultural Technology Popularization award in 2007 (ranked 5th )
3. ‘Selection and Silviculture Technique Developing of Eucalypt Pulpwood’ won the second prize of Guangdong Science and Technology award in 2004
4. ‘Introduction of Testing Techniques for wood Properties and Cold-tolerant Eucalypts from South Africa’ won the second prize of Science and technology award of Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province in 2002
7. Publications in SCI Journals
- Jianzhong Luo, Roger Arnold, Wanhong Lu,Yan Lin. Genetic variation in Eucalyptus camaldulensis and E. tereticornis for early growth and susceptibility to the gall wasp Leptocybe invasa in China.Euphytica,2014,196(3):397–411.
- Jianzhong Luo, Roger Arnold , Shiqi Ren , et al. Veneer grades, recoveries, values from 5-year-old eucalypt clone. Annals of Forest Science, 2013(70):417–428.
- Jianzhong Luo, Roger Arnold , Wanhong Lu , et al. Genetic variation in Eucalyptus camaldulensis and E. tereticornis for early growth and susceptibility to the gall wasp Leptocybe invasa in China. Euphytica, DOI: 10.1007/s10681-013-1042-8.
- JZ Luo, RJ Arnold, JG Cao, et al. Variation in pulp wood traits between eucalypt clones across sites and implications for deployment stratedies. Journal of Tropical Forest Science, 2012,24(1): 70–82.
- J. Luo, G. Zhou, B. Wu et al. Genetic variation and age–age correlations of Eucalyptus grandis at Dongmen Forest Farm in southern China. Australian forestry, 2010,73(2):67-80.
- J.Luo, R.J.Arnold and K. Aken. Genetic variation in growth and typhoon resistance in Eucalyptus pellita in southwestern China. Australian forestry, 2006,69(1):38-47.
- Luo Jian-zhong,Roger Arnold,Xiang Dong-yun，et al. Genetic Variation in Growth, Wood Density and Bark Thickness in Eucalyptus dunnii. Forest Research,2009,22(6):758-764.
- Luo Jian-zhong,Cao Jia-guang,Lu Wan-hong,et al. Genetic variation in 2-year Eucalypt hybrids’ growth and typhoon resistance. Acta Pratacul Turae Sinica,2009,18(6):91-97.