Name: Xie Yaojian
Title: Professor/Senior Scientist
Position: Director of China Eucalypt Research Centre (CERC)
BSc, from Central South University of Forestry
MSc, from Central South University of Forestry
PhD, from Central South University of Forestry and Technology
Eucalypt Seedling Breeding
Sustainable management of Eucalyptus plantations
Forest Cell Engineering
Dr Xie Yaojian is one of the most well-known experts of Eucalypt in China. He is working on the fields of Forest Genetics and Breeding, Silviculture.
Dr Xie makes a great contribution to China Eucalypt Industry by leading many major projects which bring lots of achievements. He is currently leading a public welfare project of forestry, titled’ Breeding on Eucalypt Solid Wood Superior Species and Study on Their directive Cultivating Technology’ since 2015. He is also the leader of International Cooperation Group in China Eucalypt Research Centre (CERC).
Dr Xie was appointed as research professor and deputy director in China Eucalypt Research Centre (CERC) in 1998.He was also appointed as the chairman of Eucalypt Branch of Chinese Society of Forestry in 2005.
Dr Xie became a lecturer (& later associate professor) after he graduated from Central South University of Forestry (former Central South University of Forestry and Technology) from 1985 to 1997. And he became a visiting fellow of Swedish University of Agricultural from 1995 to 1996. Dr Xie graduated from Central South University of Forestry and Technology with a PhD degree in 2008.
Dr. Xie is the chief editor of the scientific Journal titled’ Eucalypt Science & Technology’
1. Xie Yaojian, Primary Studies on Sustainable Management Strategy of Eucalyptus Plantation in China, 2003, World Forestry Research, 16(5), 59-64.
2. Yaojian Xie, Advances in Tissue Culture of Eucalyptus in China, 2003, Eucalyptus Plantations, ed: Run Peng Wei, Daping Xu, World Scientific, Singapore, New Jersey, London, Hong Kong , 128-137.
3. Xie Yaojian, Chen Shuaifei, Tan Xiaofeng, Effects of Solutions of Different Formula on Growth of Eucalyptus Hydroponics Hedges, Scientia Silvae Sinicae,2007,43(12) ,144-148.
4. XIE Yaojian, TAN Xiaofeng, Introduction of Eucalyptus urophylla and the Evaluation of Its Biological Invasion Risk, Journal Of Central South University Of Forestry & Technology,2007,27(6),
5. XIE Yaojian, WANG Jun, PENG Yan, TAN Xiaofeng, Studies on Light Media for Cuttings Propagation of Eucalyptus, Forest Research, 2008, 21(4), 528-533.
6. XIE Yaojian, ZHANG Shichao, TAN Xiaofeng ,Light Medium Formulation for Eucalyptus Cutting Culture, Journal Of Central South University Of Forestry & Technology,2008,28(4),62-66.
7. LUO Jianzhong, XIE Yaojian, CAO Jiaguang, LU Wanhong, REN Shiqi, Genetic variation in 2-year Eucalypt hybrids' growth and typhoon resistance, Acta Prataculturae Sinica,2009,18(6):91-97.
8. WU Zhihua, LI Tianhui, ZHANG Hua-in, XIE Yaojian(Corresponding author),Studies on growth and wind-resistance traits of Casuarina and Acacia stands from coastal protection forest, Acta Prataculturae Sinica,2010,19(4):166-175.
9. XIE Yaojian, Research Progress on Eucalyptus Breeding and Its Strategy in China, World Forestry Research, 2011, 24(4):50-54.