Ph.D, research associate Professor, Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry,Chinese Academy of Forestry
Address: 73 Daqiao Road, Fuyang city, Zhejiang 311400, China.
Phone: +86-571-63105079 FAX: +86-571-6341304
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Environmental Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Centre of Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China (Sept. 2005 to June 2009). Thesis Title: " Effect of Copper, Lead and Cadmium on the Adsorption & Desorption of Atrazine, 2, 4, 6-trichlorophenol, Diuron and Dichlobenil onto and from Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes." Supervisors: Professor Xiao-quan Shan.
M.Sc. Agronomy, Department of Agronomy, Zhejiang University, China (Sept.2000 to June 2003) Thesis Title: " Study on agronomic and physiological characteristics of different rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes in Zn-efficiency and Zn-density in grain." Supervisors: Professor Renmin Wang.
B.Sc. Agronomy, Qingdao Agricultural University, China (Sept.1996 to June 2000)
2014, 3-2015, 3 Visiting scholar, Lab of Soil Environmental Chemistry, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
2010, 11–, Research Associate Professor, Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, China.
2009, 7–2010,10, Research Assistant, Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, China.
2005, 9–2009, 6, Research assistant, State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, China.
2003, 6–2005, 8, Research assistant, Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, China.
2000, 9–2003, 6, Research assistant, Institute of Crop Science, Zhejiang University, China.
2014/2012/2009: Outstanding Researcher Award, Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, China.
2012: Outstanding Young Scientist Award, Chinese Academy of Forestry
Biogeochemical processes of contaminants in soil-water-plant system
Remediation of contaminated or degraded soil and water systems
Research projects (Involved as PI or CO-PI)
Chen GC. 2015–2018, Mechanisms on suppressed root-shoot translocation of copper in willow by soil flooding. Funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China.
Chen GC. 2013–2015, Effect of organic matter and heavy metals on the sorption of antibiotics by multiwalled carbon nanotubes. Funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China.
Zhang JF & Chen GC. 2011–2014, Nonpoint pollution control and remediatio for water source areas of Delta Region of Yangtze River in china with forset ecological engineering technologies. Funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of P. R. China.
Chen GC. 2010–2012, Removal and degradiation of antibiotics in livestock and Poultry maures with Advanced Treatment Technologies for Veterinary Antibiotics in livestock and poultry manure. Funded by the Science and Technology Department of Zhejiang Province,P. R. China.
Chen GC. 2008–2011, The uptake, translocation and accumulation of persistent toxic chemicals by flooding-tolerant woody species. Funded by the Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, China.
Refereed Journal Publications (*Corresponding author)
1. Chen GC*1, Ma CX1, Mukherjee A, Musante C, Zhang JF, White JC, Dhankher OP, Xing BS*. Tannic acid alleviates bulk and nanoparticle Nd2O3 toxicity in pumpkin: A physiological and molecular response. Nanotoxicology, Accept (Co-corresponding author) (SCI,IF=6.41)
2. Wang L, Chen GC*, Gary Owens, Zhang JF. Enhanced antibiotic removal by the addition of bamboo charcoal during pig manure composting. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 27575 - 27583(SCI,IF=3.84)
3. Yang QQ, Li XG, Chen GC*, Zhang JF, Xing BS. Effect of humic acid on the sulfamethazine adsorption by functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes in aqueous solution: mechanistic study, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 15184–15191(SCI,IF=3.84)
4. Li HL, Qiu YH, Wang XN, Liu WH, Chen GC, Ma YB, Xing BS. Suspension stability and aggregation of multi-walled carbon nanotubes as affected by dissolved organic matters extracted from agricultural wastes. Environmental Pollution, 2016,210,323–329 (SCI, IF= 4.14)
5. Yang QQ, Chen GC*, Zhang JF, Li HL. Adsorption of sulfamethazine by multi-walled carbon nanotubes: effects of aqueous solution chemistry, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 25541 – 25549 (SCI,IF=3.84)
6. De La Torre Roche R, Servin A, Hawthorne J, Xing BS, Newman LA, Ma XM, Chen GC, White JC. Terrestrial trophic transfer of bulk and nanoparticle La2O3 does not depend on particle size. Environmental Science and Technology, 2015, 49 (19),11866–11874 (SCI, IF= 5.35)
7. Chen GC*, Zou XL, Zhou Y, Zhang JF*, Owens G. A short-term study to evaluate the uptake and accumulation of arsenic in Asian willow (Salix sp.) from arsenic-contaminated water. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014, 21 (5), 3275–3284. (SCI, IF=2.82)
8.Chen GC*, Wang YS, Pei ZG. Adsorption and desorption of 2, 4, 6–trichlorophenol onto and from ash as affected by Ag+, Zn2+ and Al3+. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014, 21, 2002–2008. (SCI, IF=2.82)
9. Chen GC*, Liu YQ, Wang RM, Zhang JF *, Owens G. Cadmium adsorption by willow root: the role of cell walls and their subfractions. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2013, 20:5665–5672.
10. Chen GC*, Liu ZK, Zhang JF, Owens G. Phytoaccumulation of copper in willow seedlings under different hydrological regimes. Ecological Engineering, 2012, 44, 285– 289
11. Chen GC, Shan XQ, Pei ZG, Wang HH, Zheng LR, Zhang J, Xie YN. Adsorption of diuron and dichlobenil on multiwalled carbon nanotubes as affected by lead. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 188,156–163.
12. Chen GC, Shan XQ, Wang YS, Wen B, Pei ZG, Xie YN, Liu T, Pignatello JJ. Adsorption of 2, 4, 6-trichlorophenol onto multi-walled carbon nanotubes as affected by Cu (II). Water Research, 2009, 43, 2409–2418.
13. Chen GC, Shan XQ, Zhou YQ, Shen XE, Huang HL. Adsorption kinetics, isotherms and thermodynamics of atrazine on surface oxidized multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2009,169, 912–918.
14. Chen GC, Shan XQ, Wang YS, Pei ZG, Shen XE, Wen B, Owens G. Effects of copper, lead, and cadmium on the sorption and desorption of atrazine onto and from carbon nanotubes. Environmental Science & Technology, 2008, 42, 8297–8302.
15. Zhou YP, Wen B, Pei ZG, Chen GC, Lv JT, Fang J, Shan XQ, Zhang SZ. Coadsorption of copper and perfluorooctane sulfonate onto multi-walled carbon nanotubes, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2012, 203, 148-157.
16. Wang YS, Pei ZG, Shan XQ, Chen GC, Zheng LR, Zhang J, Xie YN. Effects of metal cations on sorption-desorption of p-nitrophenol onto wheat ash. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2011, 23(1), 112–118.
17. Shi X, Zhang XL, Chen GC*, Chen YT, Wang L, Shan XQ. Seedling growth and metal accumulation of selected woody species in copper and lead/zinc mine tailings for revegetation. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2011, 23(2), 266–274.
18. Liu YQ, Chen GC*, Zhang JF, Shi X, Wang RM. Uptake of cadmium from hydroponic solutions by willow (Salix sp.) seedlings. African Journal of Biotechnology, 2011, 10(72), 16209–16218.
19. Wang RM, Chen GC, Yang XE, Zhang YX. Growth responses to varying zinc activities in rice genotypes differing in Zn efficiency and Zn density. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 2009,32( 4): 681-693
20. Wang YS, Feng MH, Shan XQ, Chen GC, Pei ZG, Wen B, Liu T, Xie YN, Owens G. Effects of copper, lead and cadmium on the sorption of 2, 4, 6-trichlorophenol onto and desorption from wheat ash and two humic acids. Environmental Science & Technology, 2009, 43, 5726–5731.